Inspired by Ursula Vernon‘s list, I’m trying to identify the animal and plant life around the house. There’s far more than I have listed right now, but I’m slowly learning to identify plants.
- Common Garter Snake: He lives by the frog pond in the front yard.
- Brown Snake: Not sure what species, exactly. Thought for sure he’s a worm snake, but the Department of Wildlife and Fishery says they’re on the opposite side of the state.
- Speckled Kingsnake
- Ribbonsnake (possibly)
- Crawfish. Lots. Little chimneys all over the yard.
- Gulf Coast Toad
- Green Anole Lizard
- Six Lined Racerunner Skink
- Little Brown Skink
- Common Five-Lined Skink
- Mediterranean Gecko
- Raccoons (please don’t stay, please don’t stay, please don’t stay)
- Skunk (not seen, but confirmed by our stupid, stupid dog)